ePrime Prime Coat
Protect Your Base and Start Paving Immediately
ePrime is a quick curing, environmentally friendly prime coat that protects your base from moisture during the construction phase, its most vulnerable period. With a solid foundation, your road will be better prepared to withstand the most trying conditions.
Unlike ordinary prime coats, ePrime is solvent-free. That means it doesn’t produce volatile organic compounds, making it safe to apply in virtually any environment. No solvents also means no fire or explosive hazards, which is a major safety improvement over traditional primes.
Improved safety and environmental compatibility don’t come at the cost of performance. ePrime provides excellent protection with penetration values that are equivalent to traditional primes. In fact, one of the most touted features of ePrime, is the ability for same day paving following application, typically within two to three hours.
“The thing I like about ePrime is that we can shoot it out and pave on it two hours later. Just like MC70, it holds the moisture and locks up the grade. Unlike MC70, the trackout is virtually unnoticeable. Most primes trackout 1-2 miles from the jobsite. ePrime soaks in and sets up right away so you don’t get any pickup of emulsion on your trucks and no tracking of emulsion. We are telling all local and state agencies that ePrime is the only prime we want to use on our paving jobs.”
– Phil Langager, Aggregate Industries, Las Vegas NV
- Environmentally friendly
- Granular protection
- Same day paving
- Waterproofed base
- One-step application
- Improved adhesion to future layers
- ePrime Helps Stabilize Infrastructure in Los Angeles County, California
- ePrime and Cement Treated Asphalt Base Restore Deteriorated Mountain Road
- Protecting a Reconstructed Road Base
- Eco-friendly Prime Coat Application in Yosemite National Park
- Benefits of Road Priming – Preventive Maintenance Saves Roads and Budgets